WIN VIP EXPERIENCE TERMS
This competition has now closed. Congratulations to Melinda for winning the Quay VIP Experience at the AO!
QUAY Win the ultimate VIP Australian Open Experience
Terms and Conditions
By entering the “Quay Win the ultimate VIP Australian Open Experience”, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- The “Quay AO Experience Giveaway” (“Promotion”) is conducted by Quay Eyeware Pty Ltd (ABN 74 118 078 274) (“Promoter”).
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all times and dates specified in these Conditions of Entry are times and dates in Melbourne, Australia which may be in the time zones AEST or AEDT depending on the date.
ELIGIBILITY – WHO CAN ENTER?
- Entry is limited to residents of Australia residing in VIC, NSW, SA, TAS, QLD, NT, ACT who follow the entry instructions in these conditions.
- Entrants under 18 years old must have permission to enter the Promotion from their parent or guardian.
- Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether by natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
HOW TO ENTER
- The promotion commences 2 January 2022 at 10:00am AET and concludes 9 January 2022 at 11.59pm AET (“the Promotional Period”).
- The winners will be chosen on 10 January 2022 at 2:00pm AET.
- To enter the Promotion, the entrant must:
- Submit their name, email address and mobile number via the giveaway entry form and answer the question “Tell us why you should win in 25 words or less” at https://www.quayaustralia.com.au/pages/win-vip-experience
- Consent to receive direct marketing communication, including email and SMS, from the Promoter
- This competition is a game of skill.
- Entry is limited to 1 entry per person. The authorised account holder of the email account and mobile number used to enter the Promotion is deemed to be the entrant. The “authorised account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organisation responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorised account holder.
- The Promoter, its agents, affiliates or representatives will not be liable for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Each entrant who has entered the competition over the Promotional Period and registered their details in accordance with clauses 2 and 3 will automatically enter the giveaway for a chance to win.
- All entries will be judged by 10 January 2022 at 14 Wattle Grove Coburg 3058 by a panel of Quay representatives.
- The best valid entry, as determined by the judges, will be the winner of the Prize.
- The winning entrant will be contacted via phone following the decision (within 24 hours).
Entrants can only enter with their own email address and mobile number. The Promoter, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
Winner will be announced by 10 January 2022 4pm and will be published on https://www.quayaustralia.com.au/pages/win-vip-experience-terms
- In the event that the prize winner is unable to be contacted successfully or does not reply to the prize notification email, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries.
- If the Prize remains unclaimed by 12 January, 2022 the original winner forfeits the prize and will be advised in writing. In this event, the Promoter will determine a new winner on 13 January 2022 at 12:00pm AET, and award the unclaimed Prize to the new winner.
- The winner of the unclaimed Prize will be contacted via phone.
- Winners of the unclaimed Prize will be announced on 13 January 2022 at 4pm AET and will be published on https://www.quayaustralia.com.au/pages/win-vip-experience-terms
- There will be one (1) winner in total.
- Total prize pool value is RRP AUD $3000.00.
- The winner of the grand prize will receive a VIP Australian Open Experience valued at a total RRP AUD $3000.00 to attend the night session on Wednesday 19 January 2022:
25.1. 2 x Rod Laver Arena tickets valued at RRP AUD $400
25.2. 1 x VIP Access to the Atrium at the Australian Open valued at RRP AUD $100
25.3. 1 x Fan Walk on Experience valued at RRP AUD $400
25.4. 1 x Travel Voucher valued at RRP AUD $1,500
25.5. 1 x Quay Voucher valued at RRP AUD $600
- Prize values are based on the recommended retail prices as of 22 December 2021. The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date. If, for any reason, any of the specified prizes (or any part of them) are unavailable or out of stock, the Promoter reserves the right to replace them with something of similar value and/or specification.
- Taxes on the prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Entrants should consult a tax advisor within their home jurisdiction should they have further questions.
- Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Unless expressly stated as being included in the Prize, all other costs and expenses associated with taking the Prize become the responsibility of Winner and their companion, including but not limited to: taxes (excluding departure and any other flight-associated taxes, where flights are included in the Prize); costs associated with inoculations, passports and/or visa applications; transfers; additional spending money; meals; transport to/from an airport departure or return point; any extra sightseeing or activities; and all other incidental and ancillary costs incurred by the Winner and/or their companion as a direct or indirect result of taking the Prize.
- Where a Prize includes domestic travel, the Winner and their companion must ensure that they have valid documentation for travel, including but not limited to valid visas/permits, which meet the requirements government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner and their companion. If the Winner or their companion are refused entry to the State of Victoria for any reason or prior to their departure from Australia are not granted required travel documentation, they forfeit the Prize and no compensation or substitute will be offered.
- All aspects of a Prize must be taken together as a package. Prizes including attendance to an event must be taken to coincide with that event. If for any reason a Winner does not (or is unable to) take their Prize or an element of their Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, they forfeit their Prize or that element of their Prize and no compensation or substitute will be offered.
- Prizes may not, without the prior written consent of the Prize Supplier/s and the Promoter, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a Prize is sold or used in breach of this condition, the Promoter or the Prize Supplier/s may, at their absolute discretion, withdraw the Prize. Where a Prize has been withdrawn in accordance with this clause, no refund, substitute or compensation will be offered and the Winner and any person who has purchased or otherwise bears that ticket will be refused entry.
- The Winner should seek independent financial advice at the Winner’s sole expense regarding any tax implications relating to the Prize or acceptance of the Prize.
- Where the prize is cancelled due to unforeseen travel restrictions relating to COVID-19 (as determined by the applicable Local or Federal Government), the Prizing Agency will use its best endeavours to reschedule the trip to Melbourne to an alternative date (one revision only) and provide an experience that will equate to the current value of the Event tickets. The winner acknowledges that, in this instance, some elements of the trip may be non-refundable and therefore that element of the prize will be forfeited when re-booking. Any further date changes as a result of Government determined COVID restrictions will be determined by the Promoter’s in its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter and the Prize Supplier/s make no representation as to the safety conditions or any other conditions that may exist at any destination.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this promotion.
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
- Each entrant agrees, that the Promoters or its agents may do the following:
a) transfer personal information confidentially to the Promoters or other organisations that provide services in relation to this promotion;
b) disclose personal information to State and Territory lottery departments and/or;
c) publish the winners’ names as required under applicable law.
- In accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all marketing activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner grants the Promoters a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter is Quay Eyeware Pty Ltd (ABN 74 118 078 274).